Halloween Harry, later renamed to Alien Carnage, is a platform game from 1993 where your aim was to defeat the aliens (and zombies) while rescuing civilians. The game was initially released as shareware offering the ‘office block’ for free with the sewers, factory and (after completing the previous three) the alien ship as part of the retail version.
The game’s unique selling point was the jetpack / flamethrower which the main character is wearing throughout the game. This allows you to not only fly up and down, it also allows you to torch several enemies at once. Besides the flamethrower there are many other weapons (and ammo) to buy from vending machines. Money can be gained by rescuing civilians and killing enemies. At the end of each level you need to find the elevator to exit.
- The game was renamed to Alien Carnage after the publisher decided the game should have more appeal outside of Halloween.
- The game has been released as freeware in 2007.
- In 1996 a sequel called Zombie Wars was released but this was not as well received and has become largely forgotten.
- The game is named after a small Loderunner-type game from 1985.
Another classic this! I honestly can’t name a single platform game that was as good looking and easy playing as this one at the time of release in 1993. Having so many weapons to chose from, a maze-like level design & lots of enemies and stuff to torch & obliterate makes this a great choice for platform lovers. The levels can be a bit confusing for those who are used to left-to-right platform games but that’s part of this game’s appeal.RedAvatar
- Full health & jetpack: pressing [B] + [I] + [G] at the same time
- Debug Mode: The following debug keys work for version 1.1 of Halloween Harry only:
- All weapons & temporary god mode: press [CTRL] + [R] + [E] + [N]
- Level warp: press [alt] + [L], then 1-4 (episodes), then 1-5 (levels)
- Change location: press [alt] + [=] followed by coordinates (warning: bad input will crash the game).
- Adding “-skip” at the command line will skip the intro screens.
To make the browser remember your save between sessions: save inside the game and press on the little disk icon in the top left of the window. This will locally store your save-games allowing you to return later and continue your save-game.
- No links available
- Text & screenshots: RedAvatar
- Video: Quality Miku
- Box art: MobyGames
Press thumbnail to start video
Office Block – Copyright Quality Miku