Pizza Tycoon is a business simulation game developed by Software 2000 and released for the PC in 1994. The goal of this game is to build a successful pizza emporium spanning multiple cities across the world.
To achieve this goal, the game allows you to manage your own restaurants: buy furniture, buy ovens, hire & train staff, buy all the produce, create advertisements, decorate the restaurant and, most important of all: design your own pizzas! Using hundreds of food items (which you can dice into smaller pieces as needed), you can fine-tune a pizza according to the tastes of the locals. A pizza that is a massive hit in one area of a city may be a complete flop in another area or another city so you’re forced to continuously adapt.
But you’ll also want trained staff, quality produce, an attractive restaurant and much more – and of course you have pizza competitions between chefs that give you even more renown leading to even more customers!
All this adds quite a bit of depth but that’s not all: the game also allows you to be a mob boss. That’s right: you can extort competitors, sabotage them or even just blow up their restaurant. You can even trade in weapons between cities and make a fortune this way. But be careful: if you’re caught …
- Pizza Tycoon is also known as Pizza Connection
- The game has some interesting characters that are clearly based on real people including Michael Jackson.
- To play the game you have to use the recipe book – the book shows you the needed ingredients as well as the layout. Without it, you’ll get really bad reviews for the basic pizzas.
- The US and European versions contain slightly different artwork.
- Multiple sequels have been released under the Pizza Connection name as well as Fast Food Tycoon
Press thumbnail to start video
Gameplay – copyright Nap’n’Retrogaming